Shalom Habibi at the Wendell Full Moon Coffeehouse
Wendell Town Hall, 6 Center St., Wendell, MA
Klezamir, the Crescent Dancers and Zay-tunes present a lively night out of Arabic and Jewish music, and bellydancing!
Saturday December 2, 2017 @ 7:30pm
(978) 544 8784
To benefit the Friends of the MN Spear Memorial Library
Music transcends cultural differences and brings people together in joyful celebration. What better way to kick off the holiday season than an evening of Jewish and Arabic music… and Belly Dancers!
“Shalom” means “peace” in Hebrew and “Habibi” means “beloved” in Arabic. Bringing together members of the Arabic ensemble Zay-Tunes and the band Klezamir along with the Crescent Dancers, come take a magic carpet ride to a happier place. While news of the day brings the Middle East into focus as a war-ravaged region of strife, it is also the birthplace of civilization having inspired some of the greatest works of art, music, literature, math and science. Making music together is one of the best things humans can do.
The Wendell Full Moon Coffeehouse, located at Wendell Old Town Hall in the center of Wendell, Ma offers a lively night out for music, fun and dance, always in support of a local service or environmental organization, PLUS the legendary Dessert-O-Rama. Sign up for open mic!
— The Crescent Dancers, the Pioneer Valley’s premiere Middle Eastern Dance troupe will dazzle and delight with American Cabaret style belly dance, then invite the audience to join in with easy to learn dance moves followed by a Wendell freestyle dance party.
— Bob Davis of North Adams, MA, on oud and percussion has been playing Arabic music for parties, cultural events and belly dancers in the United States and in Lebanon for over forty years. For the past 18 years he has studied and performed at the Arabic Music Retreat at Mount Holyoke College and is the founder of Zay-Tunes.
— Felicia Tzipora Sloin is a singer, creative artist and Jewish educator in Northampton, Ma who has worked previously with both Klezamir and Zay-Tunes. With a voice like an angel, she sings in Hebrew, Yiddish and Arabic.
— Joe Blumenthal, owner of Downtown Sounds plays electric and string bass for Klezamir, Orkestar Banitsa, and Mando Paradiso, and tenor banjo with the Expandable Brass Band. Joe also leads the AEIOUkes.
— Jim Armenti is a pillar of the Pioneer Valley music scene, best known as a member of The Lonesome Brothers and the Young at Heart Chorus. Jim also a member of Klezamir and teaches guitar mandolin, bass, clarinet, saxophone and ukele.
— Dan Muscat lives in Amherst and plays viola and Kanun. He has studied and performed at the Arabic Music Retreat at Mt Holyoke College.
— Amy Rose is a pianist, flutist, accordionist, teacher, band member, founder and manager of Klezamir.
- September, 9th, 2017: Amherst Survival Center
- Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, Northampton, MA Wedding
- Thursday, October 12th, 2017, Simkhas Torah at Temple Beth El in Springfield, MA
(Please call Amy to see if you can peek in to private events!)
- Saturday, May 13th, 2017, 12:30-3:30pm, Springfield, MA Bat Mitzvah
- Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, 2:00-4:00pm, Book release, Amherst, MA
- Saturday, September 17th, 2016, Party in Keene, NH
- Saturday, June 18th, Bar Mitzvah in Amherst, MA
- Saturday, June 11th, 2016, Bat Mitzvah in Springfield, MA
- Friday, June 10th, 2016, 80th birthday party in Lenox, MA
- Saturday, May 28th, 2016 Bar Mitzvah in Northampton, MA
- Saturday, May 5, 2014, Bat Mitzvah in Springfield, MA
- Saturday, March 8, 2014, Bat Mitzvah in Amherst, MA
- Saturday, March 23, 2013, Bat Mitzah in Winchester, MA
- Saturday, April 13, 2013, Bar Mitzvah in Boston, MA
- Saturday, May 4, 2013, Bar Mitzvah in Amherst, MA
- Saturday, December 2, 2012, Smith College Hanuka party
- Sunday, May 7th, River Roll & Stroll Street Festival on the South Hadley-Holyoke Bridge (Rt. 116, Vietnam Veterans Bridge)
- Monday, January 30th, 2017, Northampton Senior Center, Northampton, MA, donation
- Saturday, December 31st, 2016, First Night Northampton, Edwards Church, Northampton MA with guest singer Felicia Sloin
- Sunday, July 24th, 2016, Klezamir at the Craigville Tabernacle, FREE
- Sunday, May 15, 2016, Gateway City Arts Brunch
- Monday December 2, 2013, Hanuka Party at Smith College, dance teaching, latkes, chocolate
- Wednesday, Deember 4, 2013, 7 – 9 PM, 8th night of Hanuka party at the Yiddish Book Center, Hampshire College, music, dancing, latkes, its free!
- Tuesday, December 31, 2013, First Night Northampton
- Saturday, March 29, 2014, 8 PM. The Sounding Board, Hartford, CT – Doors open at 7, tix $16 general, $14 members
- Saturday, March 9, 2013, 4:45 PM, Jim and Amy play music for evening services at Temple Beth El, Spring field, MA. A Bar Mitzvah is taking place.
- Saturday, March 16, 2013, 5:45 PM, Jim and Amy play music for evening services at Temple Beth El in Spring field, MA. A Bar Mitzvah is taking place.
- Friday, May 3, 2013, 7:30 PM, Friday Folk at Co-Housing, Pioneer Valley Co-Housing, Amherst, MA, 01002
- Saturday, June 8, 2013, 9:30 – 11 PM, Luthier’s Coop, Eashampton, MA,
- Saturday, December 8, 2012, 7 – 11 PM
Celebrate the first night of Hanuka and the installation of Beit Ahava’s solar Ner Tamid with services followed by a Jewish music and rock and roll dance party!!!
Beit Ahava services for the installation of the Solar Ner Tamid, the Eternal Light begin at 7 PM. Klezamir’s dance party celebration begins at 8 PM. KLEZAMIR is playing Jewish music and classic rock. Beit Ahava, 140 Pine St., Florence, MA 01062 587-3770
- Monday, December 31, 2012, 7 – 7:45 and 8 – 8:45 PM, two separate concerts at the Center for the Arts for Northampton’s First Night. Button purchase needed for admission – ncfa.org.